Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let me get you up to speed on things....

What: Lap band surgery....

Who: Yours truely... along with my support team. My support team consists of my husband, mother, friends, family, doctor, and all of you wonderful people in blog land!
When: I'm shooting for sometime in September.
Where: Obesity Solutions... Gainesville Ga.

Why: The short version.... I've tried it all. ALL. You name it. It doesn't work. I'm not getting into details, but I have PCOS and hypothyroidism.... put the two together and you've got the perfect recipe for obesity, weight gain, and inability to lose weight. Yes, I'm on prescriptions for both for quite a while. No, they haven't made weight loss any easier.
Other: I don't need advice on what to do instead of surgery. I've done my research (four months of research to be exact), I've talked to people who have had it, I'm aware of risks/complications, I'm aware of every statistic out there. Trust me, my friends/family don't have me research things for them for nothin'.... I know what I'm doing. No, I don't need the number to your personal trainer.... No, I don't want to come with you to your Weight Watchers meeting... lets see, what else have people suggested instead of surgery. I think you get the picture.... I'm having surgery.

Here's a little progression of my weight (and for some reason the only pictures I have of myself are ones of when we're out with friends... so no, I'm not an alcoholic lol... and no my eyes aren't always so squinty lol:

This is me the summer before I got pregnant with Kaytlin... this was before I lost about 15 pounds because I thought I was fat.
This is me preggo... about 5-6 months... and Matt really should have gotten a hair cut lol

K was about 7 months old...
K was about 2.... wow we just look guilty (I think this was Dustys birthday party or something)
K was about 3.... girls night out
This is me last year (about 4 1/2 years after the first picture). There are no current pictures of me. They do not exist.... So take this and add about 30 pounds and that's how I look now. Oh and blonde hair. Did ya see how the cheeks got bigger and bigger with each picture?


I'm not terribly insecure about my appearance or my weight. I just want the old me back (well... her body... I'm satisfied being an adult lol...

That's it for now... so yeah I'm getting a lap band... this is my journey. I'll write more tomorrow

1 comment:

Channon said...

I love your blog. do you mind if I add a link to it from my blog about my band?

htt://www.channonsband.blogspot.com