Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Consult

Here's everything I have left to do before surgery: psych eval, dietician appt, Matt and I have to write our 'Letters of Understanding', and then everything has to be sent to insurance for prior authorization.

The consult went well. I didn't really hear anything I didn't already know from either research or the 3 hour class I took last Thursday. He confirmed that yes I do have to stop drinking carbonated beverages (even diet ones), I do need to cut out caffiene, and I will not be able to drink with meals. Those are the three things that will be super hard to change. I'm going to start working on them now, along with a pre-op diet. I'll likely lose 10-20 lbs in the liquid pre op diet phase, so my goal is to lose 20 total pre op, starting now (well, tomorrow, I need groceries first lol).

I don't think it'll take long to get in for my psych eval/dietician appointment. I'll hopefully be able to start my 2 week liquid diet before everything gets sent to insurance, so I'll be able to get my surgery scheduled sooner... but honestly I'm in no rush. I really want to get it done and all, but I'm not in that big of a hurry. What's waiting another week or two going to hurt? I honestly think they probably won't start me on my 2wk pre op diet until after insurance gives approval, and they'll schedule my surgery for 2 weeks after that.

So hypothetically.... if I get my appointments knocked out in the next 2 weeks, I could be having surgery in just over 4 weeks (insurance already said it takes them about 2 business days to approve).

This week's objectives: Get appointments made, letters written, and start diet! I'll be using the sparkpeople.com plan. I've used it before and IMO it's the best. It's super healthy.

No comments: