Friday, September 26, 2008

Ugh...

Quitting caffeine is ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE!!!!! I went to the nutritionist yesterday, it was pretty much her going over all of the nutrition info the doc gave me in my big lap band user manual. I nearly fell asleep while she was going over everything, and it was just the two of us in the office! I was embarassed, but I couldn't help it. I had already read everything in the manual. Last night I went to bed at 8:30 because I was so tired. I felt like pure CRAP. I mean I felt like I was trying to quit crack or something. I felt shaky but wasn't actually shaking. I had a headache ALL DAY yesterday. I was so friggin tired. Today has been a bit better. I guess it's because I got so much sleep last night. But, ya know, even though I went to bed nearly 3 hours earlier than I usually do, I still had trouble getting out of bed this morning... and I still nodded off at the wheel a couple of times.

So.... the nutritionist... just writing this part for those who are going through the hoops of lap band pre op... my doc gave me a big binder full of info when I went to my 3 hour class. It contained the entire meal plan and tons of eating info. I read all of it within a couple of days after the class. She basically read everything in her section of the manual, elaborated on a few things, and answered my questions. It took about an hour.

I'm kindof irritated right now because things are stalling. I have two things left to do before they will submit to insurance... go to a meeting (one of the post op group meetings), and submit mine and my husbands "letters of understanding"... which is basically a letter covering 6-7 different bullet points making sure we understand everything. I am kicking myself in the head for not going to a meeting already. They have them every Tuesday and every other Saturday. There is no good reason why I haven't gone already. NOW I can't go until 10/7 because K's (my daughter) birthday is the 30th (a tuesday) and her party is the 4th (the following Saturday). They don't have a meeting this Saturday. So yeah... now because of my stalling I have tacked on another week and a half to the wait time. URGH!!!!! I originally wanted to have surgery on 10/16, now it looks like it might be the week after that, or possibly the day before Halloween. Great. But I've thought it over and I'd rather do it then than wait. Hopefully I'll at least be able to get it done the week BEFORE Halloween because one of my BFFs is having an awesome party the weekend after Halloween and I don't want to miss it! On second thought..... if I can't do it on the 23rd, I'll just wait til the week after Halloween. I really don't want to miss taking K trick or treating, and I don't want to miss the party!

No comments: