Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm usually nice... But sometimes I gotta let out the ugly...

But I would like to take a moment to flick a bird to every skinny person who judges obese people.

Sometimes I want to flick a bird to people who say stupid stuff like "You know, you could walk around the block every night and eat less instead of surgery." But then I try to remember that they are ignorant. Not stupid, but ignorant. They don't know what they're talking about. They don't know what it's like to experience the things obese people go through. The only people who truly know are those that have been through the hell that is obesity.

Oh, and uuh... Judging? That's bad. No matter what. If you don't even know someone, how dare you judge them. I'm no angel, but I'll be damned if I've ever walked through the mall and judged a random person. Maybe when I was 15, but as an adult I realize that people are just people, why make it harder for them? Why make there problem worse by laughing, pointing, making fun of them, making rude comments, looking at them in disgust? Do people seriously have this deep dire need to feel superior in some way? To feel more perfect than others? Well, guess what.... people like that are insecure. People who have nothing better to do than talk smack about other people, particularly people they don't even know, should really consider GETTING A LIFE.

And to anyone who thinks a morbidly obese person could just up and magically lose weight and it be so friggin easy... yeah, right. You give it a try. It's friggin hard.... especially when you've tried a ZILLION times. For some people, weight loss isn't as simple as a healthy diet and exercise. I don't know why, but for a lot of obese people (including myself), weight loss is practically impossible no matter what efforts are taken. Sure, that first 10-15 pounds comes off... 7 of which is water weight, the rest is the colon flushing itself out. After that, next to nothing. It's like all of the efforts are in vain.

You never know if someone has an illness that's causing their health problem. You can't see PCOS, thyroid problems, fibromyalgia (I know I misspelled that), rheumatoid arthritis, etc etc etc..... you really don't know.

So, if you're one of these people.... shut your mouth.

Here's a video for you.... Very interesting. Very well said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FMsnDQ4szI
I can't figure out how to imbed it, so click the link will ya?

No comments: